Friday, December 28, 2012

Belt Drive Analog

Submitted by new Soma owner David.



Here's what he said about the build.


Hi Chris, Evan, and Steve,

You were all quite helpful to me in the process of building my belt-drive SOMA.  I thought you might enjoy a few photos of the completed project.  One photo shows the bike in with street tires and no fenders and the second shows it with fenders and studded snow tires (which is how I am riding it now).  It is turning out to be an awesome commuting machine!

Chris, you did a great job both from a mechanical and aesthetic point of view on splitting the frame.  I will certainly recommend your work to others!

Evan and Steve, thanks for the advice and parts.  It turns out that SOMA and the Gates belt-drive are a nice pairing.

Hope you all have a Happy Holiday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or "Belt Drive Analog." But either way, nice bike.

I thought about an Analog as a combination trail bike and commuter back when it first came out, but was put off by remarks in the website description saying rack and fenders wouldn't play well with the disc brake arrangement. Still the case?